5/15/2020---PLEASE NOTE: at this time we are NOT working on passports. You can go to travel.state.gov to make an appointment with a near by post office in Warrensburg, Knob Noster, Harrisonville. Clinton Post Office does NOT do passports. If you have any questions about getting a passport, you can call 660-885-2612. We can answer questions, but we will not be doing passports at this time.
The Henry County Library is a passport acceptance agency and is able to accept passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. U.S. citizens planning international travel may set-up an appointment to apply for their passports at the following location:
Henry County Library
123 E Green St.
Clinton MO 64735
Patrons must set-up an appointment in advance to obtain a passport. Walk-ins will not be accepted! To book your appointment call 660-885-2612 or e-mail email@example.com.
For application forms, information on documentation required, fees, and other passport information visit the only official web-site for passport information- Official Government Passport website (travel.state.gov)
TIMES FOR APPOINTMENTS--- YOU MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT------- NO WALK-INS ACCEPTED
PLEASE NOTE: We do not do passports every day at all these times. Appointments are made with the available passport agent.
Available passport acceptance hours are:
Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs: 8:30 AM- 4:00 PM
Weds or Thurs 5:00pm-8:00pm
Passports usually arrive within 4-6 weeks of the application being processed. Expedited service for a 2-3 week arrival is available for a fee (see below for fee information). Anyone needing to travel sooner than 2 weeks should go to travel.state.gov for more information.
NEW PASSPORT INFORMATION
Have you ever had a passport? If you have, you need to talk to a passport agent before continuing. Please call 660-885-2612 and ask to speak to a passport agent.
1. Application: Fill out application in black ink. Can fill one out online at travel.state.gov. Form DS-11. DO NOT PAY anyone online to fill one out. This is free.
2. Birth Certificate: Can not be from a hospital, must be from a state, county or city (rare). It must have an embossed, raised seal (not a gold sticker seal).
3. Driver’s License: Must be a current Driver’s License. It has to be the plastic card, cannot be the paper copy, cannot have void stamp.
4. Picture: Walgreens $17, WalMart $8, CVS $17
5. Check: The government requires a check for the fee. This can be a personal check or a Money Order. Book $110, Card $30. Both $140.
Made payable to US DEPT of STATE
6. Our fees: $35 to Henry County Library, can be check, cash, debit, credit
Juvenile Passport (under 16)
1. Both parents must be at the appointment.
If this can’t happen, talk to a passport agent.
2. Both parents must show ID
3. Must have birth certificate and picture (same as adult passport)
4. Check/money order to US State Dept: Juvenile book $80, juvenile card $15, execution fee is still $35 (Expedited fees- same rates as adults, see below)
5. Only good for 5 years.
16-18 year old
Same as adult passport, but must have “implied parental consent”. If they use a check from their parents account (signed by parent), that will work.
Expedited Services: (Book only) $60 for 2-3 week delivery instead of the regular 4-6 weeks. $18 for passport to be overnighted from the Dept of State to the patron. Add this amount to the US Dept of State check/money order.
$25 to overnight from library to US Dept of State—add this to the execution fee that goes to the library
Make an appointment.
Call the Henry County Library at 660.885.2612