HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO WORK AT A LIBRARY?
The Henry County Library has an open position for a reference clerk at the Henry County Library in Clinton. This is a full-time position that requires working predominantly 8:00AM-5:00PM Mon- Fri and with occasional evenings and Saturday shifts required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has at least 60 hours of completed college credits, has strong computer skills, and is dedicated to providing excellent customer service. For more information about the specifics of this position please read the job description below.
This position starts at $10.50 an hour and includes health and retirement benefits as well as paid vacation.
Interested candidates must fill out an application and submit a cover letter. Applications can be found below or picked up at the Henry County Library, Clinton. Completed applications and cover letters can be e-mailed to email@example.com or brought in person to the Henry County Library.
For questions about this position please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 660-885-2612. This position closes Saturday, Jan 20th.
HENRY COUNTY LIBRARY
REFERENCE CLERK JOB DESCRIPTION
40 hours per week
Must be able to work:
8:00 AM- 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
12:00 PM-9:00 PM at least one evening per week
8:00 AM-5:00 PM at least one Saturday per month
The successful candidate will work primarily at the following location:
Henry County Library
123 E Green St.
Clinton, MO 64735
This position requires periodic travel to the Henry County Library branch location in Windsor, Missouri.
Pay and Benefits
This position starts at $10.50 per hour
This position comes with access to the following benefits upon completion of a successful 90 day probationary period:
- Retirement pension plan
-Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Handle reference desk duties
- Assist patrons of all ages and abilities with information needs, and the location of library materials
- Assist and instruct patrons in the use of the library catalog, databases and print resources
- Assist patrons in accessing e-books and other digital materials on e-readers, computers, smartphones and other technological devices
- Assist and instruct patrons in the operation and troubleshooting of personal computers (PC’s), copy machines, printers, and microfilm readers
- Develop, organize, and present programs in the community and in the library that represent community members of all backgrounds
- Collect statistics relevant to computer, wifi, web-site, and database usage for the library
- Maintain the reference section of the library web-site
- Perform computer searches
- Operate technologically advanced computer equipment, databases, fax machines, and PCs
- Perform obituary searches and genealogy research
- Re-shelve reference materials
- Perform reference, patron advisory, and information services in a pleasant, constructive and cooperative manner
- Assist with collection management for the reference area
- Act as a proctor for student exams by scheduling and monitoring the exam as directed by the testing institution
- Must be eligible to certify as a Passport Acceptance Agent
- Must be eligible to certify as a public notary
- Timeliness: Since employees in this position work with other staff and provide assistance to the general public who patronize the Library, the employee must be punctual and timely in arriving to work and completing tasks. The employee must also be capable of working all of the hours in their assigned shift.
- Ability to work with others and the general public: The employee’s job is interdependent and mutually dependent regarding other job categories. The employee also has a high degree of direct contact with Library patrons. Therefore, it is essential that individual who works in this position have the ability to work and interact in a cooperative, pleasant, and constructive manner with others.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; employee may be required to perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Library.
- Position requires the successful completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college.
- One-year public service experience required
- Experience working with computers preferred
- Ability to interact pleasantly, constructively, and cooperatively with library patrons and staff
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to effectively listen to and respond to patron inquiries
- Ability to perform essential job functions during times of high public usage
- Ability to follow extremely detailed instructions and complete tasks accurately
- Computer and keyboard skills, to include Windows, word processing, spreadsheet construction and PowerPoint presentations, internet searches
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn local history of Henry County and ability to do genealogical research
- Public speaking skills, ability to plan, organize and execute programs, tours, and meetings
- Performs bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching from floor level to 6 feet in height
- Displays good coordination and mobility
- Routine lifting of library materials weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Primarily in-doors with heating and cooling regulated in a general library environment
- Must pass a security background check
The Henry County Library is an equal opportunity employer