HENRY COUNTY LIBRARY JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: Buildings and Grounds Associate
SUPERVISOR: Director and/or Assistant Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time 40 hours per week (2080 hours per year); Non-Exempt (Hourly)
BENEFIT PACKAGE: Health Insurance + Missouri LAGERS Retirement Plan; Dental and Vision Insurance. Vacation, holidays, sick leave.
SALARY RANGE: $10.50 an hour
STANDARD WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM-4:00 PM. Subject to change based on library programs and activities.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Performs cleaning and routine maintenance both inside and outside the building plus grounds upkeep and basic automobile maintenance.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or GED; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability
· Must have knowledge of cleaning practices and the supplies/equipment needed to perform these duties.
· Knowledge of routine “handyman” activities.
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers and the general public and be a team player.
· Must have a valid Missouri drivers’ license.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct instruction.
- Must be able to keep detailed computerized records of maintenance and repairs.
- Police record and driving record will be checked.
· Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums public areas, offices, hallways, storage areas, and stairs; cleans carpets; washes windows, polishes furniture, dusts woodwork and other articles.
· Restocks hand soap, deodorizers, paper towel dispensers and toilet paper rolls
· Cleans and sanitizes the restrooms.
· Sets up areas for activities.
· Picks up and empties trash and recycling containers.
· Maintains grounds, including mowing grass, trimming weeds, and landscaping duties.
- Snow removal at Windsor location (?).
· Checks heating and air conditioning (changes filters on a regular basis).
· Performs minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical, and other related activities.
· Changes light bulbs as needed.
· Operates and maintains equipment for lawn care, snow removal, etc.
· Knowledge of safe use of hand and power tools.
· Maintains an inventory of housekeeping materials and submits orders to supervisor as needed.
· Runs errands as required.
· Lowers and raises flag according to half mast schedule.
· Loads, unloads, and delivers materials between branches.
- Performs pest control duties
· Performs special duties as assigned by Director and Assistant Director.
· Must be in good physical condition; holds and grips objects; and is subject to prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
· Lifts and carries up to 50 pounds, and pushes or pulls up to 100 pounds as required.
· Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, reach, climb, balance, and sit; required to talk and/or hear; vision and hearing at or correctable to a normal range.
Please send applications to email@example.com or turn in applications at either Henry County Library location.
The Henry County Library adheres to all federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunity.